Features of the Craftsman Marine thruster controller:
- Stainless bracket.
- Neoprene gasket.
- Perfect protection of the electrical parts by use of a coated printed wiring board and rear cover to protect against humidity and salt air. Large components are glued to protect against vibrations.
- Waterproof connectors IP 67. Latch lever lock, to ensure a 100% connection also in case of vibrations.
- Dip-switch for changing factory settings.
The following functions are controlled by a microprocessor:
- Visual and audible alarms.
- Automatic switch-off of the panel:
- switch-off after 30(factory setting), 60 or 120 minutes
- don't switch-off automatically.
- Time delay of 1 second when changing the direction switch from/to starboard and portside (factory setting). This function can be switched-off.
- Protection against continuous operation of 2 minutes. This function can be switched-off, but as extra the LED and audible alarm will indicate that the thruster is continuously enabled for a longer time than 2 minutes.
- Built-in temperature protection.
- Automatic switch-off of the thruster when the thruster motor temperature is too high. In case of a high temperature it is always possible to use the thruster in a “pulse mode”. By releasing the push button or joystick and than activating it again the thruster motor will be enabled for 3 seconds, each time until the motor is cooled down.
- “Child protection” to ensue that the panels are not switched on by accident
- Wire break detection. Visual alarm if the electrical connection to the thruster relay is broken.